Interested in supporting families staying at Ronald McDonald House from your house? We’ve come up with some fun and creative ways you can give back to RMHCK families without leaving your house. Check out the suggestions below to learn more. All items can be dropped off at our Ronald McDonald House in Downtown Louisville, 550 S. First Street. Items can be shipped directly to us if preferred. Thank you for helping provide a “home-away-from-home” to the families we serve.
Some things to keep in mind
- We have 56 guest rooms at our Ronald McDonald House, please keep this in mind when creating kits or bags.
- All items must be in their original packaging.
- Don’t forget to shop at Smile.Amazon or Kroger to increase your impact!
Wish List Drive
Organizing a Wish List donation drive at your workplace or church, or among friends. Click here to view our full Wish List. All items must be new and from a smoke-free environment for the health and safety of our guest families. You can also shop our Amazon Wish List.
Top Needed Items
- Disinfecting Spray
- Laundry Detergent
- Liquid Bleach
- Paper Towels
- Stuffed Animals
Collecting pull-tabs (or pop-tabs) is an easy and fun way to raise awareness about Ronald McDonald House Charities and support the families we serve. Every time you pull a tab off, it gives you the opportunity to explain to those around you why you save those little pieces of aluminum. Learn more about this program here.
Gift Bags for Families
It’s such a wonderful treat for the families to see goodies set outside their guestrooms when they come back from the hospital—it really brightens their day! You can help put a smile on the faces of our families by putting together gift bags. Please make sure all items are new. Be creative. Think of something you would like to receive or something you would want to send to a loved one.
Here are some examples of great gift bag stuffers:
- Handmade Gifts—If you’re feeling crafty, make “cards of encouragement”, quilts/hats/scarves, picture frames, or any other creations to brighten up our families’ day.
- Child Activity Bags—Fill gift/lunch bags with crayons, markers, stickers, activity pads, coloring books, or other fun activities.
- Adult Goody Bags—Fill gift/lunch bags with pens, pencils, paper, note cards, crossword or other puzzle books, or other gifts just for parents.
- Notes—Write notes of encouragement to the families and children staying at the Ronald McDonald House. Please refrain from any religious messaging. Thank you!
- Custom Bags – For a list of our current gift bag needs, contact our volunteer coordinator.
Please keep in mind that all goodies must be new and from a smoke-free environment for the health and safety of our guest families. We encourage volunteers to make enough bags for 56 families
If you have any questions please contact volunteer@RMHCK.org.