Volunteer from Home
Support families from the comfort of your home.
Are you interested in supporting families staying at Ronald McDonald House from your house? We’ve come up with some fun and creative ways you can give back to RMHCK families without leaving your house. From wish list drives to goodie bags, we’ve got something for everyone. Learn more about the different opportunities below.
Donations can be dropped off daily from 9 am – 7 pm at our Ronald McDonald House in Downtown Louisville, 550 S. First Street. Can’t make it downtown? You can also ship your donations directly to us.
Thank you for helping provide a “home-away-from-home” to the families we serve.
Some things to keep in mind
- We have 56 guestrooms at our Ronald McDonald House. When creating kits or bags, please make enough for all the families staying with us.
- All items must be in their original packaging.
- Items should be new and from a smoke-free environment for the health and safety of our guest families.
- Don’t forget to shop at Kroger to increase your impact.
Wish List Drive
Organize a Wish List Donation Drive at your workplace, church, or among friends! Click here to view our full Wish List or shop our Amazon wish list. All items must be new and from a smoke-free environment for the health and safety of our guest families.
Top Needed Items
- Shampoo, travel size
- Toothpaste, travel size
- Laundry Detergent
- Dryer Sheets
Collecting pull-tabs (or pop-tabs) is an easy and fun way to raise awareness about Ronald McDonald House Charities and support the families we serve. Every time you pull a tab off, it gives you the opportunity to explain to those around you why you save those little pieces of aluminum.
Download more information about the Pull Tab Program
Click here to print a label for your pull tab containers
Snack bags are a great way for our families to enjoy a quick treat on the go! These are great for families to take with them from the House to the hospital. All snacks included in the bags should be individually packaged.
Gift Bags for Families
It’s such a wonderful treat for the families to see goodies set outside their guestrooms when they return from the hospital—it really brightens their day! You can help put a smile on the faces of our families by putting together gift bags. Please make sure all items are new. Be creative. Think of something you would like to receive or something you would want to send to a loved one.
Here are some examples of great gift bag stuffers.
- Handmade Gifts – If you’re feeling crafty, make “cards of encouragement”, quilts/hats/scarves, picture frames, or any other creations to brighten up our families’ day.
- Child Activity Bags – Fill gift/lunch bags with crayons, markers, stickers, activity pads, coloring books, or other fun activities.
- Adult Goody Bags – Fill gift/lunch bags with pens, pencils, paper, note cards, crossword or other puzzle books, or other gifts just for parents.
- Notes – Write notes of encouragement. Please make these for all ages, to the families and children staying at the Ronald McDonald House. Please refrain from any religious messaging. Thank you!
- Custom Bags – For a list of our current gift bag needs, contact our volunteer coordinator.