Comfort and support just steps from your child’s bedside.
Like our Ronald McDonald House, our Ronald McDonald Family Room Programs are designed to support families through their child’s medical journey – whether it’s a break from the clinical environment, a restorative nap or night’s rest, or a sense of normalcy sitting down with a cup of tea. Hospital leaders worldwide increasingly understand that accommodation and support for families contribute to high-quality, family-centered care.
Ronald McDonald Family Room Programs serve families right in the hospital, just moments away from their child’s bedside.
In every Ronald McDonald Family Room, families are welcomed with compassion and hospitality offered by our trained staff and volunteers.
Amenities may vary, but typically include:
- Kitchen and snacks
- Private bathrooms and shower facilities
- Sleeping rooms
- Laundry facilities
- Internet access
- A seating area with a television
- A quiet room
Our Ronald McDonald Family Room Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use a Ronald McDonald Family Room?
- Our Family Room at Norton Women’s and Children’s Hospital serve families who have a baby in the NICU care unit.
- Our Family Room at Norton Children’s Hospital serves families who have a child undergoing a bone marrow transplant.
- Our Family Room at Frazier Rehab Institute serves families with pediatric patients receiving inpatient or outpatient care.
Is it possible to spend the night in a Ronald McDonald Family Room?
Yes, our Ronald McDonald Family Room Programs at Norton Women’s and Children’s Hospital and Norton Children’s Hospital have beds for guests to sleep and rest.