Prepare bagged lunches for an easy on-the-go option for families.
Lunches of Love is a great way for families to enjoy delicious and nutritious meals on the move! Having an easy meal is the perfect way to keep our families energized throughout their days at the hospital. We will provide the bags and labels while volunteers gather the contents and assemble the kits! This is a great opportunity for individuals or groups of 8 or less.
Providing access to a nutritious lunch relieves the financial burden on families who are focusing on their child’s medical care.
Schedule Your Activity
While we will provide your group with brown paper bags and labels, we ask that you bring all of the ingredients for your Lunches of Love as well as Ziploc bags. To ensure health & safety, store-bought items should be in unopened containers, and all produce brought in whole.
What to bring:
- 5-6 loaves of bread
- 10-16 oz packages of deli meat (i.e., ham or turkey)
- Cheese slices
- Salty snacks (i.e., chips, pretzels, or popcorn)
- Fruit cups or fruit (i.e., apples or oranges)
- Drinks (i.e., small waters, Capri Suns, or juice boxes) or packets of water flavoring (Crystal lights, Crush, or Propels)
- Sweet treats (i.e., Rice Crispy Treats, candy, Little Debbie cakes, or fruit snacks)
Get creative! You can include other items such as sweet treats, notes of encouragement, stickers, and more! We ask that groups plan to pack at least 50 lunches.
To better serve our families, we now list common food allergens on our Lunches of Love kits. As you purchase your ingredients, we ask that you pay special attention to the food labels of the items you buy to make sure you know about common allergens that may be present. Common allergens include dairy, eggs, fish, gluten, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat. Note we are not asking you to remove these from your menu planning. We just ask that you know what is in the ingredients you purchase so that we can properly label them. Thank you!
We’d Love to Hear About Your Experience!
- Share your photos and experience with us! You can upload your photos here: rmhck.org/volunteer-photos/
- Tag us on your social media – @rmhckentuckiana #LoveServedDaily #LunchesOfLove