Let’s pull together for families in need.
Collecting pull tabs (or pop-tabs) is an easy and fun way to raise awareness about Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana (RMHCK) and support the families we serve. Every time you pull a tab off, it gives you the opportunity to explain to those around you why you save those little pieces of aluminum.
Why Pull Tabs?
Pull tabs are easy to collect and store and are less messy than collecting the entire can. Not to mention, there is more concentrated aluminum in pull tabs than in the can itself! Our commercial recycling partner weighs the tabs then provides us with a check to help support families.
- Designate a clean container for your collection. Re-use and recycle whatever you can find: coffee cans, milk jugs, paper or plastic bags, etc. Decorate it with our container label or get creative and make it your own! You can also stop by our House and pick up a cardboard pull tab house.
- Post our Pull Tab Flyer to share information with your family, community, office, or school.
- Once you’ve filled up your container, drop off your pull tabs at RMHCK, 550 S. First Street, Louisville, KY 40202, any day of the week from 9 am to 7 pm.
How Do Pull Tabs Help?
Every year, families and groups collect over 5 million tabs to help raise dollars and awareness for our mission to provide the home and support that allows families to stay together while they focus on the healing of their sick children at a critical time.
- We receive an average of $0.30 per lb.
- Each pound is about 1,267 pull tabs.
- A gallon size bag of pull tabs equates to ~2.5 lbs.
- Approximately 63,360 pull tabs = 1 mile.