13 Mar Coronavirus Updates
Updated on August 18, 2020
We hope that this message finds you and your family safe and healthy. At RMHCK, the health and well-being of our guests, families, volunteers, and staff are our highest priority. With guidance from our hospital partners and approval from our Global offices, we have begun accepting new families as well as welcomed back some of our shift and group volunteers.
- We are taking the temperature of all volunteers and visitors entering the House, at least once daily. Anyone with a temperature of 99.4 or above will be asked to leave.
- All families, volunteers, staff, and guests are required to wear a mask in common areas. We are providing masks if guests do not have them.
- Our dining room and other common spaces are open at 50% capacity.
- We continue to serve meals and have grab and go pre-packaged options as well.
- Significant cleaning and disinfecting protocols remain in place.
At this time, referrals for stays will be done through the hospital. If you have questions, please reach out to your social worker at your hospital or call our main line at 502-581-1416.
- We have welcomed back some of our shift volunteers! We are so grateful and happy to see them again, even if we can’t see their smiles behind their masks.
- Adopt-A-Meal groups have resumed as well! Click here for our updated health and safety guidelines. If you are interested in providing/preparing a meal for our families, contact Grace at Grace@RMHCK.org.
Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Currently, the Family Room at Norton Women & Children’s Hospital is open to a limited number of families.
- Similar protocols as the House are being taken at the Family Room.
As a final note, we are so grateful for your support during these unprecedented times. It is incredibly heartwarming to know how much our RMHCK community cares about our organization and the families we serve. Please know that this means the world to us.