Updated on June 22, 2020
We hope that this message finds you and your family safe and healthy. At RMHCK, the health and well-being of our guests, families, volunteers, and staff are our highest priority. With guidance from our hospital partners and approval from our Global offices, we have begun the initial steps to accept new families. The first phase in our four-phase process began on Thursday, June 18.
- All staff and current families were tested for COVID-19 on June 4. All tests came back negative.
- All families who have been referred AND have been confirmed a guest room will be required to be COVID tested.
- We are taking the temperature of everyone entering or staying at the House, at least once daily. Anyone with a temperature of 99.4 or above will be asked to leave.
- All guests are required to wear a mask when they are not in their room. We are providing masks if our family members do not have them. Staff members and anyone else entering the House are required to wear masks, as well.
- Everyone is entering the House via the 1st St. entrance and exiting via Chestnut St.
- Our dining room and other common area spaces remain closed.
- We continue to serve meals to our families via grab and go pre-packaged containers.
- Significant cleaning and disinfecting protocols remain in place.
Phase Two will begin approximately 14 days after the implementation of Phase One if no family or staff test positive for COVID-19. Phase Two allows us to grow the number of families we serve to 22.
Phase Three will begin approximately 14 days after the implementation of Phase Two if no family or staff test positive for COVID-19. Phase Three allows us to grow the number of families we serve to 42. During this phase, we will slowly loosen restrictions including a modified meal program, open common areas, and resuming shift volunteers.
Phase Four will begin approximately 28 days after the implementation of Phase Three if no family or staff test positive for COVID-19. There will be no occupancy restrictions once we enter this phase. Our Adopt-a-Meal program can return with manageable numbers
It is important to note that if we have any confirmed COVID-19 cases during a phase, our timeline restarts for that phase.
At this time, referrals for stays will be done through the hospital. If you have questions, please reach out to your social worker at your hospital or call our main line at 502-581-1416.
As a final note, we are so grateful for your support during these unprecedented times. It is incredibly heartwarming to know how much our RMHCK community cares about our organization and the families we serve. Please know that this means the world to us.