02 Jul 20 Questions with Hal
We are starting a new series where RMHCK staffers answer the following 20 questions. I will be sharing their answers each Friday (with some small commentary by me). Be sure to check back each week for the next installment! ~Becca
1. What is your (full) name? Harold Hastings Hedley III
2. How do you spend your free time? Primarily with my family, including my wife Mindy. I also have a three-year-old granddaughter, Ella – we do lots of fun things together. (Ella calls Hal Grand-Dude or just Dude. It’s adorable.)
3. If you won the lottery, what would you do? I would definitely travel with my family, but I would also create a foundation to support important organizations and causes.
4. What was your first job? I played tennis growing up, so my first job was at the club where I played. I worked in the pro shop and took care of the clay tennis courts.
5. If you were a super hero what powers would you have? Curing terrible diseases. And the ability to fly.
6. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life what would it be? Spaghetti
7. How long have you worked at RMHCK? Since August 2001
8. What movie do you watch again and again? Caddyshack
9. Who would play you in a movie based on your life? Any middle-aged, balding actor would suffice
10. What’s your favorite color? Two colors: Orange and blue – the colors of my alma mater, the University of Florida (If you happen to be in his office around the holidays you can see his silver Christmas tree decorated in Univeristy of Florida ornaments.)
11. Favorite beverage? Orange juice
12. Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest? Hearing. I can hear a muted TV, sounds from other rooms or offices, and numerous other things that nobody else hears. (This is very true. We call it his Spidey-sense.)
13. Early bird or night owl? Early bird
14. Where were you born? Richmond, VA – where I spent the first 13 years of my life before moving to Florida (I had no idea about this!)
15. What’s your favorite Louisville restaurant? Ramsi’s on Bardstown Rd.
16. What’s your favorite song, right now? The Itsy Bitsy Spider – my granddaughter sings it all the time
17. Where do you fall in the family? Oldest, middle, youngest? One of many? I am the oldest of four, with two younger sisters and a younger brother
18. What has been your favorite RMHCK event to attend? The McDonald’s High School All-American Games in 2007, which Louisville and RMHCK hosted.
19. What’s your favorite sport to play/watch? Favorite team? Football – Florida Gators
20. How many articles of RMHCK clothing do you own? I’m guessing about 10, but I’ve never counted.