Dear Prospective RMH Volunteer,
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Ronald McDonald House. As a volunteer, you would be an important member of a team that works together to provide comfortable, temporary housing to families whose children are receiving medical treatment. Volunteers make the difference in the lives of all the families that come through our doors.
Some typical volunteer tasks include checking guest rooms, light housekeeping, baking snacks, assisting families, washing linens, folding clean laundry, assisting with mailings, offering families a warm smile and friendly hello.
Qualifications to volunteer at the House:
- You must be 18 years or older, in good mental and physical health
- Have the ability to lift five pounds
- Be self-directed, dependable and committed
- Be flexible and willing to help as needed
- Shadow two 3-hour volunteer shifts
- Complete orientation session
- Clean criminal background check
- Work at least one three-hour shift per month
- Be in adherence with all RMH policies and procedures
- Keep all information regarding Houseguests confidential
- Report on time to volunteer shift
- Sundays 3-6pm (1st, 2nd, or 4th) & 6-9pm
- Mondays 3-6pm
- Thursdays 3-6pm
- Every other Saturday 12-3pm & 6-9pm
- Every other Monday 9am-12pm
- Every other Tuesday 3-6pm
- Every other Wednesday 6-9pm
- Every other Friday 3-6pm
To apply as a Ronald McDonald House volunteer please download and submit the RMH Volunteer Application.
Please note: We do ask that volunteers cover the $10 charge to run the background check in order to continue to keep costs low for our families. Once we receive your application, background check authorization and your $10 check made payable to Ronald McDonald House we will call you to discuss two dates for you to shadow during a volunteer shift.
Contact: email@example.com or 502.371.1442