Our staff and volunteers strive to make your stay a little less stressful by providing as many of the comforts of home as possible. Each family is provided a clean room with fresh linens. Almost every evening, generous volunteers from our community prepare a home-cooked meal. There are four fully stocked kitchens in our House, and each floor has a living room, dining area, laundry room, and restrooms.
This exclusive video tour with Rebecca Washer, our Administrative Assistant, will give you a sneak peek of our House. You’ll see a typical guest room, some of our common areas, as well as some familiar faces.
Where is our House located?
- Our Ronald McDonald House is located at 550 S. 1st Street, Louisville, KY 40202, just a block and a half from Norton Children’s Hospital.
- From I-64 East and West – follow signs to merge onto I-65 South then follow the directions below
- From I-65 South – take exit 136C and follow signs for Jefferson Street. Turn left onto 1st Street
- From I-65 North – take exit 136B, go straight through the light at the bottom of the ramp, make a left onto Muhammad Ali Blvd, and then a left onto 1st Street
- As you drive south on 1st Street, a one-way street, our House will be on the right side of the street. Our free parking lot will be on the left side.
- Once you cross over or turn onto Muhammad Ali Blvd., stay in the left lane. The parking lot is about half way down the block. Go slowly, as the parking lot sign is small and may be hidden by parked cars.
Visit this site if you’re unfamiliar with Louisville.
Who Can Stay at our House?
- Families who have a child 21 years or younger currently receiving medical treatment at a Louisville-area hospital.
- Families must live outside of Jefferson County, KY and Clark or Floyd County, IN to be eligible to stay.
- Parents under the age of 18, unless married, will need to have an approved adult parent or guardian staying with them.
To Request a Room:
- You will need a referral from a doctor, nurse, or social worker to confirm the need for a room. You can be put on our waiting list no more than four days in advance of the night you need to check-in.
- We do not take reservations. Once you check-in, as long as you use the room on a nightly basis, you may have a room until your child is discharged. Therefore, we don’t know who will be checking out on a given day. You will need to call the day you need to check-in to see if a room is available for you.
- We are usually able to accommodate most families on our waiting list; however, there are times when we are full. If we don’t have a room available, we will ask you to call back in a few hours to check again. If we cannot check you in that day, we will try to assist you in getting a discounted rate at a local hotel.
What Should You Know Before You Visit our House:
- Families are asked to pay $20 per night, but nobody is turned away if they are unable to pay. If this is an issue, please speak to the manager when you check-in.
- Our House is a communal living environment so families share kitchens, living rooms, laundry rooms, and bathrooms (there are more than 20 private bathrooms in the House.) You are expected to keep your guest room tidy and to clean up after yourself in all common areas.
- You may have no more than 4 people per room, including babies.
- Your room will be ready with fresh bed linens and towels when you arrive. During your stay, it is your responsibility to wash these items.
- At check-out, we ask that you clean/prepare your room for the next incoming family.
- We have Internet access available in the 1st floor living room and wireless Internet access is available throughout the House.
How Will the Check-In Process Work?
- When we have confirmed a room for you, you will need to check-in before 9pm. Please note that we are on Eastern Standard Time.
- For your safety, all doors leading to the outside are locked at all times.
- Our front doors are the blue double doors on the left. When you arrive, ring the doorbell on the left-hand side and a Manager will let you in. Once you are checked in you will be free to come and go at any time.
- Please have a picture ID with you. It will take about 20 minutes to complete the check-in process.
- The Manager will go over all guest guidelines and policies and give you a tour of our House. It is very important that the all people staying in your room are here for check-in.
What are the Guest Guidelines and Policies?
* Please note this is a slightly abbreviated version. Our complete guest guidelines and policies will be given to you at check-in and the Manager will go over them with you.
- For the health of our other guests and their hospitalized children, guests that have had recent exposure to a contagious illness are not allowed to stay at our House.
- Families are expected to use the room on a nightly basis. Families needing to travel home and stay overnight will be expected to checkout.
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs and weapons are not allowed on House property.
- Food and drinks should be kept in the kitchens, dining rooms, or on the patio.
- Smoking or the use of tobacco products are prohibited within our House. We have a designated smoking area on our back patio.
- Children under 16 must be supervised at ALL times by their parent or guardian.
- Families are asked to complete a daily chore, when possible, during their stay to help our House run efficiently.
- Visitors are welcome from 9am to 10pm daily. You will need to sign in your visitors at the front desk.
If you have additional questions about staying at the House, please call us at 502.581.1416 or email our House Manager.
To learn what to expect during your day, click here for a message from some of our families.
Also, The Beverly Family stayed with us for 200 days in 2010 while their daughter, Rhyan, was in the hospital. You can watch their story here.